who doesn't love the scent of freshly baked cinnamon rolls? we have created our take on a breakfast pastry classic by adding our Moringa powder to give it a Matcha taste!
13×9 baking pan
2¾ cups all-purpose flour 330 grams
¼ cup granulated sugar 56 grams
2 tbsp. butter 30 grams
1 large egg
1 package instant yeast or 2¼ tsp. (7 grams)
½ cup water 118ml
¼ cup milk 59ml
1 tsp. salt 4 grams
⅔ cup brown sugar 149 grams
¼ cup butter 56 grams
1 tbsp. ground cinnamon 15 grams
1 tsp. vanilla extract about 5 ml
1½ cups powdered confectioner’sugar (339 grams
¼ cup butter 56 grams
1 tsp. vanilla extract 5 ml
2-3 tbsp. milk 30 to 45 ml
1. Add milk and water in a small bowl and heat to 105 to 115 F (40 to 44 C.) Add a teaspoon of the sugar along with the yeast. Set aside for about five to 10 minutes until the mixture gets foamy/frothy. This is how you know the yeast is activated and is good.
2. In a medium bowl combine the flour and the salt and set aside. Then melt the butter, I usually just do it in the microwave. Add the melted butter (make sure it isn’t very hot) to the activated yeast along with the rest of your sugar. Whisk to combine.
3. Whisk in the egg to the yeast mixture. Once combined we add our flour little by little, I continue to use my whisk for the first cup of flour or so, then I switch to a wooden spoon. You can certainly use a stand mixer to make your dough, but if you don’t have a mixer, you can do it all by hand like me. Add the flour a little at a time until you get a nice tacky dough. After that knead the dough a little bit in the bowl with some extra flour, this will help get the dough off the sides of the bowl. Then pour it out onto the counter.
4. Knead the dough for 8 to 10 minutes, using your hands or a stand mixer. Add the dough to a bowl with a bit of oil or that has been sprayed with kitchen spray. 5. cover the dough with a damp cloth or plastic wrap and allow it to rise for 1 hour or until doubled.
6. roll out the dough and baste the top with softened butter. Then mix together the cinnamon, brown sugar, and vanilla extract. If you don’t have brown sugar, you can use white sugar. Sprinkle that on top of the butter, then roll up the dough tightly.
7. Using dental floss or a knife, cut about 12 rolls from the dough and place them in a 9×13 inch baking pan which has been sprayed with cooking spray.
8. Cover with plastic wrap or a cloth and let the cinnamon rolls rise for 45 minutes to an hour.
9. Remove the plastic wrap or cloth and baste the tops with butter then bake the rolls in a preheated oven (375 F/190 C) for 15 to 20 minutes until the rolls are golden brown. Once they are done allow them to cool.
10. While the rolls are cooling make the glaze. Add the powdered sugar, melted butter, and vanilla extract, plus the milk, you can add another Tablespoon of milk if you want your glaze runnier. Then add the glaze to the top of the cinnamon rolls and they are done!
11. SPRINKLE with a generous amount of Go-Lacta® Moringa Powder.