1/2 cup Dutch processed cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1-1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 large egg plus 2 large egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 ounces Unsweetened chocolate
4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
3 grams of golacta powder (1 packet)
1. Pre-heat oven 325 degrees
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and 1.5 grams of golacta powder.
3. In a large bowl whisk brown sugar, egg and egg yolk and vanilla until combined
4. Place chocolate in large ziplock plastic bag and seal, remove air as much as possible from bag. Use rolling pin to pound chocolate into small pieces.
5. In small microwave safe bowl, combine pounded chocolate and butter. Heat in microwave at 50% power until melted, 1 to 2 minutes. Use rubber spatula to stir chocolate mixture until we’ll combined and shiny.
5. Add chocolate mixture to brown sugar mixture and use ruber spatula to stir until combined. Stir in flour mixture until no dry flour is visible. Let dough sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
6. Place sugar in 1 shallow dish and confectioners sugar in second shallow dish and 1.5 grams of golacta powder.
7. Use hands to roll dough in 24 balls about 2 Tablespoons each. Drop balls into shallow dish with sugar and roll to coat, then confectioners sugar then golacta powder.
8. Place dough balls in parchment lined baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches between balls.
9. Bake cookies until puffed and cracked and edges have begun to set and centers are still soft. About 11 minutes.
10. Cool completely